This has been a challenging school year
It’s important to remember that, though they may have ground to make up, kids also need a break. We as parents may be a little too focused on pushing our kids without allowing for the mental and physical fatigue that can result.
The end of the calendar year is a great time to incorporate helpful study breaks and get your game plan for 2022 in place.
Read about why kids need a break, and get suggestions on the right way to do it.
- When students experience an academic setback such as a bad grade, the amount of cortisol—the so-called stress hormone—in their bodies typically spikes
- Having a “growth mindset” – where the student believes intelligence can be developed – helps them handle this stress
- Study breaks improve retention and productivity
- Social media doesn’t work well as a purposeful break
- What does work? Listening to music
- Taking a walk
- A healthy meal or snack
- Stretching and a change of scenery
- Draw, doodle, or color
Happy Holidays from TutorUp!
Get your tutoring plans in place for the New Year!
Call 877-888-6787 for details!