Overcoming Learning Loss
4 Ways Parents Can Improve Learning
- Parents who foster a love of reading in their children provide one of the most essential elements in their academic success.
- Keeping a positive perspective, even when kids are struggling or failing, is essential.
- Turning ordinary daily interactions into teachable moments is also helpful.
- And keeping in touch with your child’s teacher means that all of you are working as a team to help your child succeed.
Read more about Overcoming Learning Loss…
- 6 additional minutes of reading per day can significantly improve kids’ reading performance
- Children who read at least 20 minutes a day are exposed to almost 2 million words per year
- Over 80% of teenagers don’t read for pleasure on a daily basis
- Harvard Family Research Project: Parent involvement is the number one predictor of early literacy success and future academic achievement for children
- University of Sussex scientists: Reading a book or newspaper for just 6 minutes lowered people’s stress levels by 68%
- Yale University Study: People who read books for 30 minutes a day lived longer than those who read magazines or newspapers
- University of California study: people with a 9th grade or higher literacy level are 4 to 5 times more likely to maintain mental capacity with age
- The three most-read books: The Bible, Quotations From Chairman Mao Tse-Tung, and Harry Potter
- Love the way books smell? That’s called “bibliosma”
More Interesting Facts About Reading
21 Captivating Reading Statistics and Facts for 2021
6 Scientific Reasons You Should Be Reading More
60 Incredible Facts About Reading and Books
20 Not to be Missed Facts About Reading
TutorUp can provide the one-on-one academic support your child needs to make up for COVID learning loss.
Call 877-888-6787 for details!